Monday, January 17, 2005

An Attempt at Not Ranting.

I rant too much. I think I shall rant about this.

No! Every time I get to this situation I end up ranting. I think ranting is bad, as most people simply ignore it. Sure, I get extremely emotional about things, which is apparently bad, but there you go. Some people are great stockbroker, some people are artists. I rant. Such is life.


Take for instance Saturday night. I was watching 'Return of the King' on DVD, and a few things Gandalf said to Merry struck a chord with me. I fully intended to have a really good rant about that here, but by the time the film ended I had drunk 4 Gin & Tonics, 1 cup of Tea, 3 Baileys and eaten three very large chunks of Toblerone (thanks to Syn & Bear) so I was not in any state to rant.

When I woke up 12 hours later feeling somewhat rough at the edges, I could not remember what the rant was about, which really scared me. Is everything I get emotional about really so meaningless that 12 hours later I cannot remember what it was?

Answer? Well, yes, it appears so.

I cannot even think of anything to write after that statement, I have tried about six different sentences, all of which are glib, obvious, attention seeking drivel. This sentence bears a lot of the later.

What a pointless post that was / this is.

Note to smileys - don't think you have got away from a full broadside; I am just loading more grapeshot into the cannons of seething hatred I am readying for you.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home