Sunday, February 06, 2005

Cricket Hurt / Tetsuya's Not Here


I played cricket today. I have never actually played in a organised game of cricket with proper equipment (like real cricket balls, and thus full pads, etc) in my life. I have seen plenty of them before though, so how hard could it be?

I have a new apppreciation for test level players who do this for five days. OK, well two-and-a-half days if they are Australian or facing Australia.


The other bit of news is that last week I had dinner at Tetsuya's; I was asked by Bear & Syn to celebrate Syn's most recent birthday. Lucky the cricket was a week after; it was a seriously good meal, and I really could only sit down on Sunday and wonder in awe at the lingering tastes.

Syn wanted to take photos os the meal; Bear was a bit wary of such an idea. I was neutral, so I brought my camera. Which we left in the car. As it turned out, the table next to us brought their camera and had their photos taken (most likely with big smiles on their faces) so it would not have been a problem. Anyway, when we got back to my place, we all drew pictures of the courses. I scanned them, and I was meant to put them on the web today, but I am too sore from cricket to do it. Only my fingers will move, and only enough to type this post.

Tetsuya's drawings tomorrow, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home