Monday, February 07, 2005

Tetsuya's - The Drawings

As mentioned, last weekend Syn, Bear & I had dinner at Tetsuya's on the occasion of Syn becoming older than she was on the previous day.

It was Syn's intention to take photos of the meal, but due to reluctance of Bear to photograph High Art, and my usual forgetfulness (brought on by my horribly shabby Pulsar's doors being opened by a squad of tuxedo-wearing ninjas) we didn't take photos of the meal. When we got home, we were however inspired to draw the meal. We didn't draw all the dishes, and I cannot remember the exact wording or ingredients of some of them either. The missing dish is Slow Roasted De-Boned Rack of Lamb with White Miso & Smoked Eggplant, which was our least favourite dish. Mind you, just this dish alone would still qualify as Top Nosh anywhere else; it was our least favourite of the ten courses.

The other missing dish is the Strawberry Shortcake Desert that you drink out of a shotglass.

Enough talk.

Hors d'oeuvres (bloody hell that was hard to spell check! Horse Devour? Thanks, Word!) The small ramekin contains truffle & cheese butter, composed of Tetsuya's Truffle Salsa; this is actually more addictive than crack cocaine. The small round thing with dots was a Blessed Caviar & Egg Sandwich Of Disproportionate Taste-To-Size Ratio +5.


Carpaccio of Beetroot with Tonburi & Caviar


Gazpacho with Spiced Tomato Sorbet, Tuna Sashimi and Something Else


Marinated NZ Scampi with Foie Gras & Walnut (I swooned with this one)


Confit of Petuna Tasmanian Ocean Trout with Konbu, Daikon & Rocket


Spatchcock on Soybeans (has a better name, which I have forgotten)


Ravioli of Lobster with Scallop and Tarragon Mousse, Tomato & Basil


Cherries, that I wouldn't normally eat but did this time because they were so yummy (again, I have forgotten the full name, and I don't usually eat cherries due to repressed trauma)


Chocolate Terrine with Mascarpone and Cognac Anglaise (we thought this was the strongest chocolate ever until the next dish turned up)


From L to R: World's Most Evil Chocolate Sorbet, some other sorbet cowering in fear, World's Most Chocolate Flourless Cake, a Candle for Suyin's Birthday (inedible)


The result - Bear managed to smuggle out some treaties for Kimi & Linus, making them now the Official World's Best-Fed Ratties. rumor has it they now demand truffles and M.Cluziel chocolate for dinner.



Verdict: So far the best meal I have eaten. Ever.
"You mean we're not dead?"
"Dead, Sir? No, Sir. Sir is most evidently alive, otherwise I would not attempt to serve Sir. If you would care to take drinks in the bar, and then I will accompany you to your table, and afterwards the Universe will explode for your pleasure."
"Wow, what sort of drinks do you serve here?"
"Ah, I think perhaps Sir has misunderstood me."
"Oh, I hope not!"

The drinks in question actually were Pan-Galactic-Gargle-Blasters, well at about $2,500 a bottle I hoped they were. Surprisingly though, the Universe did explode for our pleasure; shortly after tasting the Chocolate Sorbet.




1 Comments:

Blogger syn said...

yeahahah! i drew the trout.
*proud*

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home