Monday, November 28, 2005

FISH!


Fish indeed.

I made steamed fish last night; blue-eye cod, steamed with garlic, ginger, coriander, chilli spring onion and lime. I had steamed bokchoy with it. Yum.

So it was only natural that I had dreams last night & this morning.

We were in a war. Us. Yeah, like that.

Australia was at war with... well... everyone. The USA held a lot, with France fighting hard against them. Both sides were pretty keen on eliminating all Australians. My surname meant I could pass as French though, which helped. John Howard was on radio telling all Australians to surrender to the Americans - to "honour the Agreement" and we would be treated fairly. That meant being shot on the spot. The Government survived though, and you could also be kept alive if you dobbed in at least 5 other people. Children were worth 2 adults.

This sounds like a nightmare, but wasn't; everyone had voted for it. Most parents were turning in their own children. My mum & dad had got away - I don't know where to. My brother was really angry at our betrayal by the Government "after all the work I did for you".

I got together with a few others - Bear, Syn, Bear's borther & family, my brother, and our friend from Canberra and his family. We all decided we could survive if we went bush for a bit. Out near Yass we got caught behind French tanks in a fairly big battle. The tanks were like the ones in Tron. They were getting hammered by US artillery though. The odd thing was each tank had hundreds of SAM and anti-helicopter micro-missiles, so thankfully we weren't being slaughtered by helicopter gunships.

Then the tanks went away, and I was on my own beside a concrete highway barrier. I was playing dead as The American General was searching bodies. He noticed I was alive, but worthless, so left me as a hindrance to the enemy. There was a young girl (maybe 12?) I was trying to protect her, as she had a broken leg. The General said she was useless, so he told her that he wanted to rape her, but she wouldn't be any fun. So he shot her in the head, but it didn't kill her as his gun malfunctioned. He fixed it with rubber bands (I watched this - it was important), then shot her again, killing her this time. I managed to then escape back behind French lines.

Then we (yep, multiple again) were on a wide plane that was also a forest, but with no trees. There was a massive air battle going on way overhead - hundreds of contrails. Pieces of aircraft were falling all around. B-52s were being used as fighters; in other words there was little sense to the battle, it was just destruction for destruction's sake. Then the Americans used an airburst nuke. I said "Oh, great, now everyone will use them" and they did. They used it because they couldn't win, but wanted to make sure no-one else would.

We hid; somewhere like Tamworth, maybe Coonabarrabran.

We hid in a carpark that was also in Hornsby - the old Westfield one before they knocked it down.

We all survived, due to the rubber band trick, and actually lived pretty well. Everyone else was dead; those that survived didn't bother each other. We hid when others came by, and made sure our house looked un-lived-in. There was a woman there who liked me. I don't know her - she had longish hair and freckles. I am pretty sure she was the one I was trying to protect earlier, but older now, and less murdered.

Despite all the battles and death, this actually wasn't a nightmare. It wasn't good as such (bits were) but it wasn't nasty.

Strange one. Other than the continuing collapse of Australian culture (hah!) and civilisation (hah!) at the hands of a democratically elected neo-nazi dictator, opposed by a bunch of spineless jerks who should be the first, er, second against the wall when the Revolution comes, I have no idea what caused this dream.

More news as it comes to hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home