Monday, March 21, 2005

What Was Meant To Be (or, My Head's Leaking)


Sometimes this happens:

I get an idea.

For a few mintues it totally engages me; it is a damn good idea, it means something and it is important.

By the time work finishes / I wake up / I get near a pen and paper it is gone, vanished, and no ammount of wishing brings it back. It's like the tune of a wonderful song that you can't remember only 30 seconds after you have heard it.

Then I see the idea in someone else's article / blog / tv show / film, and I wonder if I had seen it subliminally, or I told someone about it, or that I am not very original.

Well, it has happened again.

I have a few PS2 games that I bought because they seemed so arty, let alone fun. ICO is one of them - a surreal Japanese adventure game. Rez is another - trippy visuallised musical arcade floaty-trance thingy. A third is Fluid - (PS One) using a dolphin swimming through wierd oceans to make music.

So as my mind wanders further from my job & career during the day, a Google for Rez & ICO finds this.

Which is something that has been running around my head for quite some time - gamez are art, people haven't realised it yet. Games like Torment and Final Fantasy 7 or 11 are going to be the Van Goghs and Monets of the next century, because of how they stepped away from what people accepted as art. There, you can see how badly I express my ideas, which is why most stay locked away.

I have no idea how to reconcile what I have just typed with me being a professional registered architect.

2 Comments:

Blogger syn said...

I have a good idea! Lets go to Rise again this sunday? heheheheh.

6:13 pm  
Blogger Corinoco said...

I like that idea, it is a good idea!

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home